Saturday, April 23, 2016

April Menu Wrap-up

So this week, we ate out more than I would have liked, but life is so busy that I feel like it's an accomplishment just to get us all fed, regardless of where it comes from!

Son #2 is visiting us, and we love having him here.  Son #3 is getting busier, as are his dad and I, and it's reflected in the time I haven't spent in the kitchen.  Ah well.  We shall try again this week. :)

Sunday~ I made pulled BBQ chicken and an apple-cabbage slaw for the guys, and I headed out with my mom and a dear friend to have a last shop for my sister before her baby girl arrives.  We ate lunch out and shopped and laughed and had a marvelous time.
Monday~ Miscellaneous must-goes.  Hubs has online class right after work, so it's a fend-for-yourselves sort of dinner.  Everyone hunts in the fridge for what they like.
Tuesday~ More leftovers.
Wednesday~ I had a dinner meeting, but I cooked for my guys before I left.  I made iceberg lettuce wedge salads (they are LOVING those) with homemade dressing, and choice of spaghetti or alfredo with pasta.  There were very little leftovers!
Thursday~ Hubs came home from work feeling sick.  He requested a burger from Five Guys for dinner, so that's what we did.
Friday~ Ds#3 had an after-school rehearsal, so we hit the drive-thru on the way home and had Chick-fil-A for all.  Hubs stayed home as he was not 100% (I'm not sure he was even 75%) so this was an easy dinner for Mom.
Saturday~ Hubs is feeling better.  Woo hoo!!!  Burgers on the grill - delish!!!!

No comments: