Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Week menu




I can't believe that Christmas vacation is here.
Or that this year is winding down so quickly.
Even my 14 year old commented about how fast time was flying.
So this week, our menu is filled with lots of celebrating with family and friends.... and trying to rest and savor the moments.

Mom's Lasagna
Sunday~ lunch with my parents - my mom's famous lasagna.  I'm bringing a big green salad, and she's got a chocolate ganache cake for dessert.
Monday~ out to dinner with friends
Tuesday~ annual Christmas dinner & gift exchange with my grandparents.  We all go out to eat at a local restaurant, then go back to their house for presents & dessert.  I'm in charge of bringing cookies.
Swiss beans
Wednesday~ Christmas Eve - our son & daughter-in-law come in!! Beef tenderloin, mashed potatoes, Swiss beans, green salad, marinated mushrooms, homemade pumpkin pie and a flourless chocolate torte.
Thursday~ ds#1 and his wife will be headed off to her parents' house in the afternoon, so we're having a Christmas brunch (a first in this house!) - ham, scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, maple-citrus salad.
Friday~ leftovers from the big day
Saturday~ my family is coming over to have Christmas with the newlyweds, so we will have a sandwich & salad bar with chips and whatever dessert anyone wants to bring.

My sweet boy is now taller than me - even when I'm wearing heels.  He passed my flat-footed self earlier this year, but now, I don't even have shoes that will make me taller than he is!  We're still doing our best to eat mostly Paleo during this season... I'm being very intentional about lots of veggies wherever I can.  But we will focus on enjoying our time with those we love, and remembering the Reason for the season.  Merry Christmas!



No comments: