Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving!!!

Over the past year and a half, I have been daily practicing thankfulness.  I have been - literally - counting my blessings.  Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts, has inspired this journey.  And I have to tell you, it has changed me.

So I am especially excited about Thanksgiving this year. :)

And on to our menu:

Sunday~ homemade beef-vegetable soup
Monday~ out after doctor appointments
Tuesday~ leftovers - cleaning out the fridge before the FEAST!
Wednesday~ our own Thanksgiving dinner at home: prosciutto-wrapped turkey breast, paleo-friendly stuffing, butternut squash and sweet potato gratin, cherry-cranberry relish, pumpkin pie, and probably a couple of other treats. :)
Thursday~ celebrating with my family - I'll make swiss beans and pumpkin pie, while my mom will make the turkey and mashed potatoes.  My sister will make sweet potato casserole and traditional stuffing, and there will be various other delicacies.  Yummy!!!
Friday~ shopping with my mom & sis, followed by getting a tree with my guys.  Dinner is TBD.
Saturday~ something super easy... probably leftovers from the feast at our house.  I love Thanksgiving leftovers!!

Hope you have a blessed holiday.  Remember to count all your blessings - they are everywhere, just waiting to be recognized.


No comments: