Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A menu for August

I was out of town most of last week, so my guys sort of fended for themselves (with the exception of the night my mom made lasagna for them!) and I ate out when I wasn't with my brother & his family.

I'm looking forward to cooking at home this week!

I am behind the curve getting a plan together, and honestly, since it's the last week of summer vacation for me, I'm a little resistant to being very regimented!  So I'm posting what we're eating as we eat.

Sunday~ I arrived 3 hours late, so we stopped and got sub sandwiches on the way home from the airport.

Monday~ hubby's burgers on the grill.  Delish!  We also have an abundance of okra in our garden, so I made fried okra to go with.

Tuesday~ Eggplant Parmesan.  AND my son told me I should make it more often! How's that for a successful dinner??

Wednesday~ Tacos, homemade refried beans, and tortilla chips.  I made a Lemon Icebox Pie for a nice light dessert and it was a hit. (Instead of a graham cracker crust, I had some flax cookies that I pulverized in the food processor and made the crust with those.  No one was the wiser.)

Thursday~ Leftovers night.  Ds#3 had leftover spaghetti (from the eggplant parm) and sauce. Hubs had leftover penne pasta with sautéed cherry tomatoes & fresh basil (both from our garden) along with mozzarella.  I had a slice of the veggie tart I made after Tuesday's eggplant parm.  I also made cheese bread with half a baguette that was left from earlier in the week.  Everyone was happy, and we used up some leftovers.  Woo hoo!
Friday~ Mom is going to a Jamberry party, so the guys are on their own.
Saturday~ Ds had a friend spend the night, so we ordered pizza.



2 comments:

Tara Morgan said...

Kids asking for more veggies! Always impressive.

Thanks for popping by my blog - looking forward to reading more of yours!

Pary Moppins said...

Sometimes picking up sub sandwiches is the best thing for a peaceful household...especially when everyone starts to get hangry (so hungry that they're angry.)