Monday, March 17, 2014

March Menus and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This is the happiest thing I've seen all week.
Blueberry bush in bloom
It gives me hope that spring is actually on the way!
We've had crazy weather, jumping from temps in the 70s, then plummeting into the 30s and 40s.  We've not planted anything in our garden yet because we keep having frosts/freezes!  This week is Spring Break, so hopefully as my guys recuperate from surgery, we'll be able to get outside a little.

Which brings me to the next part of our saga.
On Thursday, hubby had his gall bladder removed.
On Friday, son #3 had his tonsils and adenoids removed.
On Saturday, son #2 stopped in on his way to Denver to start a new job - he is no longer my 'Airman Son'!
I feel a little bit like I've been thrown back to the newborn days when I had to get up every 2-3 hours to feed my wee one... only this time, I don't get to enjoy new baby smell and cuddles and coos, I'm just giving pain meds and checking to make sure everyone is getting a little rest.
Thankfully, we have been blessed with lots of visits and help from family and friends.
My sweet boy in the recovery room...the nurse said he was 'perfect'!
Sunday~ Rotisserie chicken, haricots vert (courtesy of my grandparents) along with mashed potatoes (courtesy of my mom).
Monday~ Friends from school are bringing soup and ice cream (for the tonsil patient)
Tuesday~ Sliced turkey from HoneyBaked Ham.  Not sure what else to go with (courtesy of my parents)
Wednesday~ I'm hopeful that by this point, hubs will feel almost normal.  I'm expecting more soreness from ds#3, although I hope it tapers off.  I'm thinking I may have to start cooking again at this point ;)
Thursday, Friday & Saturday~ the appetites of my patients will dictate the menu.  Nothing too spicy for hubs, nothing too textural for ds#3.
I'd love for you to share any experience with meals for tonsil recovery!!



No comments: