Sunday, November 3, 2013

Where did the month go??? November's First Menu...

October flew by.
And I'd ask where it went.... but I was there.
It was busy.  And crazy.
My baby boy turned 13.  Seriously.
And here we are....
November.

Hubs and I have had a heart-to-heart about finances and the toll that eating out takes on ours... so we have TWO meals planned out this month.  We had one already. 
The rest of this month, I will be cooking at home, as frugally as possible, as we attempt to pay down debt.

On Saturday, hubby grilled hamburgers and Italian sausages.  I used the remnants of the ground beef to make a few meatballs to throw in Sunday's spaghetti sauce to make it a little more than just plain red sauce.  I also made chicken stock from the carcass of a chicken I roasted last week, and there was enough chicken to make BBQ chicken sandwiches for lunch on Sunday too (plus leftovers for another night!) - LOVE a "free" meal!


So here's the menu for this week:
Sunday~ Spaghetti and pasta sauce with meatballs and sausage, served with Rosemary Olive Oil bread (I made two loaves of bread - one for later in the week to go with leftovers of this meal)
Monday~ Breakfast for dinner: biscuits, eggs, grits, sausage, grapefruit from our backyard tree
Tuesday~ Leftovers from Sunday's dinner before our All County Honors Choir Concert
Wednesday~ Roast w/gravy (leftovers from a huge roast that I froze), mashed potatoes, green beans from the summer garden (from the freezer)
Thursday~ Rain in the forecast calls for Soup!  Homemade tomato soup (and I even have homemade chicken stock to use in this soup.  LOVE it when the plan comes together!), grilled cheese sandwiches on Rosemary Olive Oil Bread.  YUM!
Friday~ Leftover smorgasboard, also known as "Must-Goes" around here
Saturday~  picking up an order of beef from a local farm, along with some fresh milk... so I'll probably make something with some of that. :)  This is the only shopping I plan to do this week.  We'll see how well I can stick to it.



No comments: