Sunday, November 24, 2013

Two weeks in the life

Busy.
Busy, busy, busy.
I'm trying to remind myself every day to stop and savor the moments.

Last week, we did eat, and actually stuck to our plan pretty well.
I just forgot to post it.
Sunday~ red beans and rice
Monday~ tacos
Tuesday~ pizza at school before the Straight No Chaser concert.  My chorus kiddos LOVED it, and it was so much fun!
A small group of my chorus kids ready for the concert.  Woo hoo!
Wednesday~ nachos w/leftover taco meat
Thursday~ beef tips w/gravy and egg noodles
Friday~ spaghetti
Saturday~ hubs decided he wanted to grill burgers, so I made some oven-roasted potato wedges to go alongside.

This week is, of course, Thanksgiving.  My family is traveling to see my brother in Orlando, but I am desperate need of some down time to rest, so we will be staying home.  It will be the first time in our married life that we have not been with extended family for the holiday.  I'm a little sad, but I know that my body needs the time.

For this week:
Sunday~ open-faced roast beef sandwiches (homemade bread and leftover beef from Thursday)
Monday~ lasagna (made with leftover spaghetti sauce from Friday)
Tuesday~ chicken noodle soup and sandwiches (rain is in the forecast)
Wednesday~ leftovers!  Gotta get the fridge cleaned out for all the Thanksgiving goodies.
Thursday~ HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  Hubs will smoke a turkey.  I will make stuffing, swiss beans, and maybe mashed potatoes (only because I know we'll eat them with leftover turkey).  We'll have pumpkin and pecan pie with homemade whipped cream, and then fall into a food coma. :)
Friday~ Thanksgiving leftovers
Saturday~ more leftovers!


And then it's December....life is whizzing by.  Count your blessings.  Be thankful.  Be blessed.

No comments: