Monday, June 3, 2013

We made it! School's out...

And I have not planned a menu for this week.
Because I am breathing.
And not teaching 250 middle schoolers a day.
Pause.  Think on that.
And smile.

Instead, I'm going to post what we ate each day!
Sunday~ Graduation cookout for some students of ours whose families we grew to love. Too full for anything else!
Monday~ Good use of leftovers: coleslaw (cabbage from the garden), baked beans, zucchini 'fries' (zukes from a friend) and leftover sausage and chicken.  Yum!

Tuesday~ I forgot to take a picture.  We had comforting and easy spaghetti.  Full of tomato-ey goodness, mushrooms, basil, piled on top of whole wheat pasta... yumminess in a bowl.

Wednesday~ I made salsa early this morning so it would be ready for dinner tonight.  YUM! So easy with some fresh tomatoes, spring onions, a little jalapeno, salt... you get the idea.  We had nachos/open-faced tacos tonight for dinner - top your own with ground beef, beans, cheese, sour cream, homemade salsa.  Delish!

Thursday~ We finally had Breakfast for Dinner.  Organic sausage and thick cut bacon, potatoes, scrambled eggs.  I topped my potatoes with swiss chard and feta.  Yummy!

Friday~ Caprese salad w/tomatoes & basil from the garden.  Chicken, homemade mac'n'cheese, homemade coleslaw (cabbage from the garden) and green beans (also from the garden).
I'm seeing a tomato theme emerging here.
Saturday~ Again, forgot to take a picture.  I inventoried our fridge to see what food we need to use up in the next few days... because we're going to HAWAII!!!  Tonight, we had half a package of hotdogs, so I roasted those in the oven, and made homemade french fries.


I am linking up to Menu Plan Monday.

No comments: