Sunday, February 3, 2013

New month, new menu!

Happy February!
I'm hoping this month brings a little return to normalcy...
I've been out of my classroom for 2 months while my school district has been deciding how to handle the smell of a giant tom-cat spraying all over my room.  They tried chemicals galore, foggers, and finally this week, they took the carpet out.
So I really hope that there is new carpet in my classroom when I get there on Monday!
(Try teaching choir in a gym for 2 months... while PE is having class, all manner of machines are going off, not to mention awful acoustics!)

We semi-followed last week's menu.
We've started a brand new month, so here's to a new menu!
Sunday~ Birthday lunch out with extended family; dinner was leftovers from last week (spaghetti, tossed salad, etc)
Monday~ Using up leftover chicken, and making mashed potatoes & gravy to go along with it, a green salad alongside for some veg
Tuesday~ A night of leftovers: Pioneer Woman's Mexican Rice (from Saturday), spaghetti (from Thursday), and other numerous odds & ends.
Wednesday~ Melissa d'Arabian's potato torte and green salads.
Thursday~ Pioneer Woman's chili.  It's a fave around here!
Friday~ Breakfast for Dinner: eggs, bacon, cheese grits, grapefruit
Saturday~ Planning to roast the turkey that we never got to in January... we shall see!



We also began planting our garden this weekend... so far, we've planted swiss chard, romaine, arugula, iceberg lettuce, spinach and broccoli.  Hubby also put some new herbs in pots for me - oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, and rosemary.  Yum!!!
Digging the hole for the plant


Careful...

Covering the beds with gardening fabric to help with weed control


No comments: