Monday, November 12, 2012

November Menu #2... Happy Veteran's Day!


May I take a moment to say 'thank you' to all our veterans and active duty military?
Becoming a Military Mom has made me keenly aware of how so many in society never say thank you to our service men & women, and how many more actually treat them with disdain.  This makes me sad, because my boys are protecting the freedom that allows them to express that ungratefulness.  So thank a Vet, or an active duty person TODAY!


Well, my house has been sick with the flu, and so far, I have managed not to get it.
We got a dog - a miniature schnauzer named Henry.
And life continues to move on so fast I can hardly catch my breath.
Not to mention the time change.... I still haven't adjusted to that!

The family's gotta eat, so here's our plan.
Sunday~ Leftovers
Monday~ Hotdogs & chips, baked beans
Tuesday~ Spaghetti is the plan.  I'll be gone until late, so it's already made.  All the guys have to do is boil noodles.
Wednesday~ Roast in the crockpot with gravy, mashed potatoes.  Gone again today, but hopefully not home too late.
Thursday~ A 'normal' day! Red beans & rice with sausage.
Friday~ Open-faced roast beef sandwiches
Saturday~ Today is the actual for real bowling tournament that I thought was last Saturday.  So we'll play it by ear.  Trying not too cook too terribly much as Thanksgiving is next week and we'll need the space!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new dog- would love to see your red beans and rice recipe with sausage sometime!

Becca said...

Congrats on the dog!

Good idea on leaving room for Thanksgiving food!