Monday, September 3, 2012

You say it's your birthday!! menu :)

Happy September!
We survived the non-event of Hurricane Isaac here, and our thoughts and prayers go out to the people who had to endure the rain and the wind that did not come here.

Since we had three days off last week to prepare for the storm, I did some extra baking:
(we love this bread for sandwiches)

Pizza bread - yummy!

This month, my family celebrates my birthday, Airman Son's birthday, and my dad's birthday.
And we're getting into the real swing of school and everything that entails.
It's a busy month!

Here's the plan for our menu this week:
Sunday~ nachos for lunch, and pasta for dinner (some chose alfredo with their pasta, and some chose leftover red sauce with mushrooms)
Monday~ LABOR DAY Holiday, and my birthday!  Hubs will grill: beef tenderloin, sausage, and chicken. We'll have baked potatoes and sauteed mushrooms to go with it.  (I'm using the chicken and some sausage later in the week, so grilling today is doing double duty for us!)
Tuesday~ Scouts tonight.  Fast supper of spaghetti and stuffed peppers.
Wednesday~ Jambalaya and cornbread. Use the chicken and some of the sausage from Monday.  Yum! And easy on ds#3's teeth, which have been sore.
Thursday~ Hubs has class, so we'll probably go with leftovers.
Friday~ Pioneer Woman's chili, served over shells, because my guys love their pasta.
Saturday~ TBA!

4 comments:

Jen @ Healthy Kitchen Guide said...

That's a great idea to grill extra for later in the week. I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Heather @CeliacFamily said...

Saw your link at OrgJunkie. Happy Birthday all around at your house!

Unknown said...

Your menus sound great. I want to thank you for being a military mom as well. I know how hard that must be. My hubby's birthday is today as well. I am just getting back to menu planning. Not all the way there, but making it closer a little each day.

Dianna
http://blairblogproject.blogspot.com/

Hallee the Homemaker said...

Pizza Bread sounds yummy!