Sunday, September 23, 2012

September's Last Menu

We followed the menu last week really well until we got to Friday afternoon... and my car was dead at school.  Lovely way to end the week!  Hubs came back up to work and jumped the car, and I drove home.  And he said, "Let's go out to eat."

So we did.
(The car simply needed a new battery, so we were glad that it was an easy repair.)

I had a ton of leftovers in the fridge, and we put a dent in them on Saturday, but I'm still working on getting rid of the rest of them.  I picked up a honey-baked ham and a turkey breast to accommodate meetings and busy schedules for the upcoming week.  I also did lots of baking.  In addition to the pics below, I also baked cookies and pepperoni bread, which has proven to be a lunchtime hit with ds#3.
Whole Wheat Honey Oatmeal Bread

Pumpkin Bread with Streusel Topping

Here's the plan for this week:
(and I can't believe it's the last full week of September... where did it go???)

Sunday~ Ham, homemade mac'n'cheese, blackeyed peas
Monday~ Mom has a meeting out of town - it's a Fend For YourSelf kind of night.
Tuesday~ Another meeting, and Scout night.  The guys will have ham or turkey - their choice.
Wednesday~ A meal together!!!  Eggplant parm on spaghetti, baguette.  YUM!
Thursday~ Hubs has class.  Sandwiches for ds#3 and me.
Friday~ Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, sliced cucumbers, collards
Saturday~ ANOTHER out of town meeting, so it'll be Pioneer Woman's chili in the crockpot.
Whew!

1 comment:

Hallee the Homemaker said...

I am so glad you liked the bread. I got some large breadpans from breadbeckers that have really helped me make my loaves "look" right and and we get raw honey from a local apiary. God bless you and yours. Hallee