Sunday, June 17, 2012

Another menu plan...wonder if we'll stick to this one??

One of the things I love about summer is its flexibility.
One of the things that drives me crazy about summer is its lack of structure.
See the problem???

I've made beautiful menu plans with lots of yummy food for the past two weeks, and we've hardly followed them at all!  We have, however, enjoyed some beautiful, fresh-from-the-garden tomato sandwiches for lunch...


traveled to a nearby farm for fresh cheeses...

and adapted to another change in hubby's eating plan.
And life, and the lazy pace of summer, continues on.

This week, my goal is to incorporate two servings of veggies or fruits/veggies at every meal.  I'm planning lunches and dinners, so we'll see how it goes.

Sunday~ HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! Hubby requested hotdogs, coleslaw, baked beans, and corn on the cob for lunch.  I surprised him with peach cobbler for dessert.  For dinner, I'm planning a pasta dish with some leftover roasted cherry tomatoes (from the garden) with mushrooms and chicken.
Monday~ Cheese and tomato sandwiches on homemade bread for lunch.  For dinner, I'm planning Pasta Caprese Salad, Zucchini chips, and Herb roasted chicken breasts.
Tuesday~ Marine Son & Hubby are out of town for a baseball game.  Ds#3 & I will have FlatOut pizzas and tossed salad.  For dinner, I'm planning homemade macaroni and cheese, perhaps adding in some broccoli, and sliced tomatoes.
Wednesday~ The guys will be back in time for lunch, so I'm going to leave that open, unless I come up with an amazing genius idea to keep them from going out to lunch.  For dinner, we're having a big family dinner with burgers, hotdogs & sausage, along with veggie kabobs on the grill, Kettle Chips, and homemade ice cream for dessert.
Thursday~ Marine Son leaves today. :(  Chef's salads with turkey and hardboiled eggs for lunch.  For dinner, I'm planning leftover ham slices (frozen from last month), five-minute potato gratins, green beans, and cucumbers & tomatoes with feta.
Friday~ Sandwiches on homemade breadFor dinner, I'm planning a roasted veggie tart (topped with an egg for Hubs), tossed salad, and homemade bread.
Saturday~ We have to set up ds#3's History Fair project at a museum downtown, so we'll probably eat out for lunch.  For dinner, I'm planning taco salads and quesadillas.


No comments: