Sunday, May 13, 2012

May Menu #2.5

This week is my big musical at school, so that means I'm trying to manage stress and still be pleasant to my family. :)

Last week, our Mexican Brisket in the crockpot was pretty yummy.  We all liked it.  The leftover brisket on the Chiliquiles... was okay.  Probably not something we'll make again.  But a fun experiment, nonetheless.

My husband's amazing garden has been absolutely prolific this week.  We put together three boxes of produce to share with my family: cabbage, green beans, potatoes, collards, zucchini and lettuce.  Wowza!!!  (And that's what we're eating at our own house too!)




For Mother's Day, I got a couple of wonderful surprises.  This is the first one:
These are flowers from my Marine Son, delivered to me at school.  What a sweet surprise they were!


Then my youngest son helped me make zucchini chips for our yummy Mother's Day lunch.  We had so much fun, and he did a great job!


So here's our menu...
Sunday~ Steak on the grill, sauteed potatoes (from the garden), mushrooms, bell peppers & onions (peppers & onions from the garden), and zucchini chips.  Yum!!!  Leftover chocolate cake from hubby's birthday for dessert.
Monday~ Roast in the crockpot, new potatoes, green beans from the garden
Tuesday~ It's MULAN night.... fend for yourself!!!
Wednesday~ Veggie Plate: green beans & potatoes, corn bread, corn on the cob, tomatoes and cucumbers
Thursday~ Spaghetti & stuffed peppers
Friday~ Pool Party for ds#3.... maybe a quiet dinner for dh & me
Saturday~ Celebrating my grandmother's birthday: lasagna, tossed salad, bread, and some kind of dessert




No comments: