Sunday, July 10, 2011

July Menu #2

Last week, I planned out a menu for the whole month.  And so far, we've only switched around a couple of things, sticking fairly close to the plan. :)

Last week, we had everything on the plan, except I swapped chicken bbq for pork, and I didn't thaw the turkey... so on Saturday, I pulled up sausage with peppers & onions from later in the month, and we had that instead.  Which meant that I also had to improvise for Sunday's menu....

So here's the plan for this week:
Sunday~ Chicken taco soup (used leftover chicken from Alice Springs Chicken which was not covered in cheese & mushrooms)
Monday~ Seven layer southwestern salad with taco-seasoned meat from the freezer
Tuesday~ Hot dogs on the grill, nachos, jalapeno poppers, and Cracker Jack in honor of the MLB All-Star game!
Wednesday~ Hoping I can sneak some leftovers in here... or maybe I'll roast the turkey in the freezer...  hubby informed me that we are going out to eat with a friend...
Thursday~ Roast in the crockpot, green beans, baked potato for ds#3, cucumber salad, and perhaps tomato mozzarella melts
Friday~ Leftover roast, etc.
Saturday~ Thinking I might try this Eggplant Rollatini recipe as we've got tons of eggplant ripening in the garden, almost anything with sausage pleases my hubby, and I've got homemade tomato sauce that needs using.  And ds#3 can have pasta if he's not feeling brave. :)

1 comment:

Cooking with Cristin said...

i will take some of that eggplant! its my fav!
i would love if you would come visit my blog and check out my Menu Plan
Enjoy your week
From Cristin To Mommy