Monday, July 4, 2011

July Menu #1

Oh how I loved having all my boys home... we had a great time.
And I cooked... a lot.
And they ate... a lot.
And there were no leftovers.

I had forgotten how they can devour a table full of food.


This week, we're back to 'normal', and here's our plan.

Sunday~ Burritos and tacos, with homemade taco seasoning from Heavenly Homemakers, lettuce, homemade salsa, cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.

Monday~ Happy Independence Day, USA! We are planning an all-day outing, visiting a Library of Congress exhibit and our city's annual 4th of July celebration, followed by fireworks (my favorite part!!). We will eat as we go, just enjoying the day.

Tuesday~ Back at home, we'll have cheese omelets with all the veggies from our garden, and bacon or sausage for the guys.  We'll also have strawberries or watermelon, depending on what's left!

Wednesday~ Alice Springs Chicken in the crock pot, green beans, and sliced tomatoes, both from our garden.

Thursday~ Pulled chicken BBQ, collard greens, coleslaw, homemade mac'n'cheese

Friday~ Flatbread pizza

Saturday~ Sliced turkey & gravy, collard greens, sliced tomatoes, Swiss beans

2 comments:

Leslie's Garden said...

I'm sure your house must seem empty now! I'm glad you had a nice visit with your sons. Looks like you've got a great week of eating ahead of you!

Cooking with Cristin said...

i wish i had a garden. i love breakfast for dinner!
i know im late but i look through the menus all week to get ideas.
i hope you'll stop by my blog and check out my Menu Plan and come back next week to see my new menu plan!
Have a great weekend:)