Sunday, July 31, 2011

And.... it's August.

We just returned from a short vacation... and it was so much fun.  It's been years since we got away as a family, and it was wonderful.  How could it not be awesome, when we got to see sights like this one???


So we got home on Friday, and Saturday I did some cooking.  I finally made the Eggplant Rollatini, which we'll have this week.  (It looked and smelled yummy!)  I also made a big batch of homemade macaroni and cheese, and pureed some butternut squash from the garden to 'hide' in there.  Ds#3 ate some this weekend, and I froze the rest.  Gotta get those veggies in my boy however I can!

So things may get switched around a little this week, because I know we will have a couple of occasions to get together with friends, but here's the plan:

Sunday~ Beef short ribs in the crockpot, green beans, mac'n'cheese for ds#3, low-carb linguine for hubs.  Zucchini brownies for dessert (we were given the largest zucchini I've ever seen.  Really.)

Monday~ The now infamous Eggplant Rollatini, tossed salad

Tuesday~ Chicken breasts in mushroom gravy, whole wheat egg noodles, green beans, corn on the cob.  (It's National Ice Cream Sandwich Day, so that's my plan for a special dessert!!)

Wednesday~ Chef's salads

Thursday~ Cookout with friends!!!  Burgers, chicken, sausage, perhaps baked beans, coleslaw, deviled eggs, etc, etc...

Friday~ Strata, bacon, perhaps some diced potatoes, and watermelon or canteloupe (both were given to us, and we'll polish off whatever's left of them!)

Saturday~ Probably leftovers. We'll make it interesting with National Rootbeer Float Day! (I am having fun finding out about these wacky food holidays.)

1 comment:

~~~Alana~~~ said...

That sounds fun! ;) National Ice Cream sandwich day is something I am going to have to add to my calendar! :)