Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011... January's first Menu Plan

Well, it was a good plan.
Last week, I mapped it out.
And then we did not follow it at all.
On Sunday, we went over to my parents' house for dinner. Monday, we ate leftovers at home. Tuesday, we had dinner again at my parents' house, because my brother and nieces came in from out of town. Wednesday, we had lunch at a fabulous local seafood restaurant, and then did not feel like eating dinner. Thursday, hubby went to a hockey game, and I went out to dinner with my brother and sister. Friday, we FINALLY ate something on the menu plan: Ham & Cheese in Puff Pastry - and it was YUMMMY. On New Years Day, we were invited to a friend's house so we ate there.

Here's the plan for this week. We'll see if we have more success. However, I reserve the right to sub in any meal that was scheduled for last week! ;)

2~ Rosemary roasted chicken and potatoes, salad (well, this was the plan. It got scrapped because my parents came over and we had the Pasta Fagioli that was planned for Wednesday.)
3~ Red beans & rice
4~ Pasta with mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, and feta cheese
5~ Pasta fagioli, garlic bread (we had this on Sunday, so we'll swap a day)
6~ Cashew chicken, rice, broccoli, mandarin oranges
7~ Eggs, grits, bacon, biscuits
8~ Loaded baked potatoes

No comments: