Sunday, May 16, 2010

May is CRAZY at my house...

Well, let's just say that last week's menu plan went about like I expected.

Monday, I got home from work, wrapped some baked potatoes in foil and put them in the bottom of the crock pot, threw some chicken cutlets in some foil on top of them, and turned it on HIGH so that dinner would be ready when we got home from the ballgame. So naturally, we lost, and nobody felt like eating when we got home.

Tuesday, we went out for my hubby's b-day... as expected.

Wednesday was hubby's official b-day, so I made beef tenderloin, mashed potatoes, and salad. The MOST delicious Caramel Pecan Crunch Cake from Publix EVER. I believe we could have a new favorite.

Thursday & Friday were ballgames which meant out to eat afterward.

Saturday, since my grandmother's b-day is also this month, and since she decided she did not WANT a birthday party, we surprised her and threw one anyway at my house. She cried and we loved it.

So this week should be no less crazy.
Sunday, instead of going to church, I slept late (accidentally, but I guess I needed it...) and we will have DiGiorno Pizza & Breadsticks, which I scored free thanks to a Kraft First Taste House Party.
Monday, I have a rehearsal until 6pm, so I'll throw leftover beef roast into the crockpot with some gravy, and we'll have that when I get home.
Tuesday, I have a musical production at school, and ds#3 has a ballgame. It's every man for him/herself.
Wednesday, we will breathe for a few moments, and have leftover sandwich fixin's from the weekend: turkey, ham, & cheese on mini-croissants, with chips, potato salad, mac & cheese, and leftover birthday cake.
Thursday, I have a daytime performance of the musical, and then hubz & I both are required to participate in a pre-orientation meeting at school, where my chorus will perform again (we are going to be EXHAUSTED by the week's end). Ds#3 is also scheduled to have a ballgame that night, but I have no idea how we'll do all that or what we will eat.
Friday, WHEW! I think a comforting, homey meal is in order, so we'll have spaghetti to come home to.
Saturday, if it doesn't rain, I'm hoping hubby will grill some burgers. YUM!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Those Digiorno Pizzas with breadsticks are pretty good, I picked a couple up for pretty cheap a while back and we really enjoyed it :)