Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Menu!

Last week's menu did not go exactly according to plan... but that is why we call it a 'plan'!
We ended up going out on Wednesday night, and hubby wanted tacos for our New Year's Eve dinner. On Friday, we had spaghetti, and Saturday was a FREEZING cold day so chili was on the menu. (Yes, we like our beef here.)

So, things are shuffled around a little. Which is okay. I have planned out the menu for the month, so here's the plan for this week:

Sunday~ French onion soup, grilled cheese sandwiches, salad
Monday~ Roast in the crockpot with onions, mushrooms & carrots, mashed potatoes, green beans
Tuesday~ Open-faced roast beef sandwiches
Wednesday~Potato Bacon torte, salad
Thursday~ Breakfast for dinner. May try this recipe for Broccoli, Mushroom and Cheese Strata from Ellie Krieger
Friday~ Leftovers (there should be plenty!)
Saturday~ Pasta toss, french bread with Italian dipping spices

You can see my plan for the entire month right here.

Can you tell I'm trying to incorporate lots of veggies??

3 comments:

Jen said...

The Potato Bacon torte is a recipe I really want to try. It sounds so yummy. Seems like cooking for so many guys requires big menus. My two boys are at that age where they eat EVERYTHING so I have made some changes in my cooking over the past few months.

Mary said...

Your menu sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing. We also love our beef. It's been a while since we've had an open faced roast beef sandwich though. Sounds good right now, may have to add it to next weeks meal plan. By the way, I love your blog name. It fits my house perfectly. (2 18 year old boys, a 16 year old boy + the hubby + 2 male dogs...lol...)

Unknown said...

Testosterone Palace... love the name. I have all all boys as well- 5 of them! People ask if I am the maid or the princess. I always say What do you think? Totally the maid! Boys need constant direction.

I love that you have the vision to plan your menus out a month in advance. Amazing!

Have a great week.