Sunday, January 10, 2010

Menu Monday and week two of the Pantry Challenge

You can see what we actually ate last week here... one of my problems was that I planned for leftovers, and then there weren't any! So this week, I'm starting with a surplus, and hopefully I won't have to pull any tricks out of my hat.

I made more French Onion Soup to have on hand, for work lunches or for dinner one night. It's been record-breaking cold here, as it has been in many places in the country, and we've been eating LOTS of soup of all kinds, and not as much as salad as I had planned. I also made some Citrus Salad, as we have a pink grapefruit tree and were worried the temps would freeze the fruit.

On to this week:
Sunday~ Leftovers (quesadillas, spaghetti, etc)
Tuesday~ Orange chicken, rice, broccoli, mandarin oranges
Wednesday~ Loaded baked potatoes (cooked in the crock pot!), tossed salad
Thursday~ Breakfast
Friday~ Pasta toss, french bread
Saturday~ Sticky chicken, pasta salad, green beans, corn bread

We should be able to make it through the week without a trip to the grocery store... I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Your menu sounds delicious! I am checking out all the links to see if it's something I could do with what I have.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Leah said...

I forgot about sticky chicken! I have a recipe that calls for it being marinated in Coconut milk, so know I know what I will be using that can of coconut milk for. :)

Colie's Kitchen said...

Thank you for sharing your Menu Plan! I am always looking for new ideas to feed my family. www.colieskitchen.com