Saturday, January 23, 2010

Last week of the Pantry Challenge and Menu Plan Monday!

Well, we've made it to Week Four of the Pantry Challenge!!
I've bought milk, eggs, bread, and Diet Coke weekly (yeah, we're still working on that one...) and I'm VERY proud of that!! And actually, last week's plan went off almost like clockwork, except for the fact that dh sponsored a dance at our school on Friday night with the student government, so we all pitched in and helped. That meant a fast dinner of leftovers at home, so Friday's menu will carry over to this week.

Sunday~ Beef tips & gravy, egg noodles, salad or green beans, biscuits
Monday~ Hubby has class. FFYS.
Tuesday~ Bourbon chicken, rice, peas
Wednesday~Spaghetti & french bread
Thursday~ Beef tenderloin, 5 Minute Individual Potato Gratins, salad, bread
Friday~ OUT TO EAT with a Restaurant.com certificate!!!!
Saturday~ TBD. BIG grocery shop coming. :)

Share your menu marvels at Laura's.
If you're participating in the Pantry Challenge, hop over to Money Saving Mom!

2 comments:

mom2priceboys said...

I understand the fear of the BIG shopping day that is coming up after eating from our pantry this past month. I started making my detailed lists yesterday. We lost some income from last month so I have to be even more prepared.

Leah said...

I keep looking at the Bourbon chicken recipe and think 2 things, 1 - I got to try that and 2 - Where's the bourbon? LOL. Wish I would have remembered this tonight, no left overs and no plan b so pulled out some chicken and did shake and bake. The Bourbon chicken sounds soo much better!