Monday, August 10, 2009

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday - The Next Food Network Star!

So around here, we love Food Network. Sometimes it annoys me, but usually it inspires me to try a few new things, or take a twist on something familiar (translation: tired).
I love watching The Next Food Network Star. The competitions are interesting to me, and I like to watch all the personalities come out. This year, from the beginning I was rooting for Melissa d'Arabian, and last week, SHE WON!!! She's a mom, not a chef. And although chefs are great (I love Iron Chef America), I can relate to another mom who's just trying to get it all done. So the recipe this week comes from Melissa!

5-Minute Individual Potato Gratins

Ingredients

  • Vegetable spray
  • 2 large russet potatoes, roughly peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
  • 2 green onions, finely chopped
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Spray 8 muffin tins with vegetable spray. Layer potato slices, cheese, and onions into each muffin cup. Season with salt and pepper and top each gratin with 1 or 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. Cover with foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, removing the foil halfway through cooking time. Invert gratins onto plate and serve.

Share your temptations at Lisa's!

6 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Sounds great!! Thanks for the recipe.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I don't really watch the food network, but this sounds good, so maybe I'll check her out. Thanks for sharing!

susan said...

This is a new twist! My husband is a food network junkie--loves Alton!

MadeInCanarias said...

This sounds so delicious! Will try it for sure!

Allison said...

We love the Food Network, and I was so excited that Melissa won! I've already watched her first show, and she made her potato torte and an applesauce ice dessert. Yum! It's such a nice change to have a show by a regular mom. I think I'm more willing to try her recipes because of it. Thanks for sharing this! I've been meaning to look it up. I'll definitely be trying this!

Brenda said...

These look fun, I like the swiss chard in them.