Sunday, December 14, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Well, I never got to posting a menu last week, but we did eat! I had been gone all weekend on a trip with my Chorus, and on Sunday, I cooked dinner... my husband said, "Ahhh... there's nothing like your cooking." It was a really elaborate meal too - turkey open-faced sandwiches with mashed potatoes (all leftovers!).
So on to the plan for this week:

Sunday~ Beef tenderloin roasted in the oven (see this post for details), roasted potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, Caesar salad
Monday~ Black'n'bleu salad (my own take on this one from O'Charley's), french bread
Tuesday~ Lemon chicken (adapted from this recipe), rice, broccoli
Wednesday~ Spaghetti (serious comfort food around here!)
Thursday~ Vegetable soup & sandwiches
Friday~ Leftovers or must-goes or pizza... we get out for Christmas vacation that day, so there's no telling!!!
Saturday~ TBA
Share your menu creations at Menu Plan Monday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My hubby loves Open-faced Turkey Sandwiches with Gravy.
These days I let him have it as a treat out.
Welcome back home. Sounds like the family missed you and your cooking.

fivejs said...

I've read that you can substitute half-and-half with an equal amount of evaporated milk. So maybe you CAN give the white hot chocolate as a gift! *smile*

Joy @ Five J's

The Happy Housewife said...

that black and blue salad looks great! I will have to make it soon!
Toni
http://thehappyhousewife.com