Sunday, November 9, 2008

Monday . . . Menu Plan

It's November... officially Fall. Even down here, where the temps are usually warm, there's a crispness in the air, and at night, we dip into the 40s. Of course, next week, we could jump back up to 80 during the day, but that's the beauty of our weather... if you don't like it, just be patient. It won't be long before it changes. ;)
So a recap of last week:
Sunday's butternut squash slaw was yummy - perfect for a fall day. Monday's sticky chicken yielded enough leftovers for me to use this week too (woo hoo!). Tuesday, we watched election returns by a bowlful of leftover chili, which meant that Breakfast got pushed to Wednesday, and hubby had a meeting Thursday night, so it was just ds & me. Friday, hubby wanted to go out for pizza and Saturday went as planned. It was my goal last week NOT to eat out, and I almost made it. It had been a very crazy week at school, and going out to eat was somewhat of a stress reliever for hubby & me, so I relented.
This week.... I am EXCITED! It's the first week in a L-O-N-G while that I don't have something major happening - it's just a regular week at school (if there is such a thing with middle schoolers) - with Veteran's Day on Tuesday.
So the menu:
Sunday~ Pasta fagioli (I add meat to mine - this was leftover from 3 weeks ago when I made a huge batch and froze the leftovers) and grilled cheese
Monday~ Club salad and twice baked potatoes that we never got to...
Tuesday~ VETERAN'S DAY HOLIDAY - Thank a Vet!!! Marinated flank steak, baked potatoes, tossed salad, and some kind of patriotic dessert (probably something with apples, since they are in season)
Wednesday~ Chicken noodle soup (from a mix, using leftover sticky chicken from last week!), biscuits
Thursday~ Waffles, bacon, scrambled eggs
Friday~ TBA
Saturday~ our local Greek Festival - YUMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What are YOU cookin'? Get inspired at Laura's Menu Plan Monday.

1 comment:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great looking meal plan! The twice baked potatoes sound delish!
Have fun at the festival! :D

Sherry