Friday, September 5, 2008

Frugal Friday... better late than never...

On being frugal and practical....
I can't say how exhausted I have been on Friday since school has begun again. Getting back in the school year routine always takes some time. But I've been teaching for 17 years (GASP - it's hard to believe I've been doing ANYTHING besides just LIVING that long!) and I have never been as tired as I am this year.

My sweet and darling son has become an absolute BEAR in the afternoon. Or evening, really - it's after 5pm when I pick him up because our genius school board decided that we should start and end school an hour later. So my baby is starving and on the verge of a meltdown. His daddy is not much better. And I am already tired so I am in no mood for it. What's the answer?

Well, this week, it has been going out to eat.
I'm almost ashamed to say it. It hasn't been extravagant places - they've been pretty cheap, actually. But it hasn't been homecooked meals. Somebody else has made our food. And I've paid them to do it.

Sometimes, ya just gotta survive. I'll get back to cooking next week.

4 comments:

mom_of2boys said...

When I was working I found that eating out was sometimes cheaper when you consider how tired you already are. It's worth the extra money per person. I was doing a lot of crock pot cooking when school was in and we had both kids in sports.

Good luck and hope your back in the routine soon!

Audra Krell said...

Angela,
Go easy on yourself girlfriend! Get that crock pot out and have some meals ready next week. I know you're tired, but things will get better as you know! You're doing a great job.

Kate said...

Good for you. Sometimes you just have to let something go (homecooked meals) in order to hold on to something else (your sanity). How awesome that realized this. I hope the adjustment gets easier as time goes on.

Renee said...

There have been plenty of nights when we go out or get takeout because I'm just so exhausted I can't face the kitchen.

I hope this week is better for you!