Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - first time!


For the very first time, I am participating in "Works For Me Wednesday". Not that I've never found anything that worked for me before... I've just never participated before! :)
So here's what works for me:
Every year, we plant a garden. Some years it is larger than others... this year it happens to be on the large-ish size for us. And we have a bounty of tomatoes. After the salmonella scare on tomatoes, I'd be nervous to buy any kind at the grocery store.... but this year, we don't have to. We have grape tomatoes, romas, huge gigantic slicing tomatoes.... and they are sweet and juicy and salmonella free.
Having said that, we've also got cucumbers, bell peppers, eggplant, and peas. There is a smattering of watermelon vines and a few collards thrown in for good measure. I love having fresh produce from my backyard... and that is what works for me.
Now I am off to find a tomato sauce that I can make and freeze, and not have to can it, because I don't know how to can. But I can freeze. So hopefully, that will be the next thing that works for me!

No comments: